Oh my god, guys. One of the awesome-est thing happened to me!!!! I was nominated by Victoria from Victoria’s Reads and Amanda from The Lexington Bookie for the Blogger Recognition Award!!!! (Yes, that’s how excited I am to announce this lol). Thank you so much, Victoria and Amanda!! And thank you to everyone who enjoys my blog. Reading your comments and emails always makes my stone heart melt. ❤
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog;
- Write a post to show your award;
- Give a brief story of how your blog started;
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers;
- Select 15 other bloggers you’d like to give his award to; and
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them, providing a link to the post you’ve created. (Please make sure you do this step! Otherwise they won’t know you’ve tagged them until they check the referral portion of their stats.)
How my blog started:
I already talked about this in my first post Arrvee reading this? Yes, please do! so I will just provide you with a brief background. I often have different opinions about the books I read. Most of the time, I develop an emotional attachment to the characters that I am clouded with my own emotions when I give my feedback (I’m such a girl, I know). As a result, I always withhold judgment and just let my friends tell me first what they think about the book I suggested so most of the time, I have all these emotions in me that I cannot tell anyone because I don’t want to ruin the book for them. That is how my Book Diary started. Yes, I call it a diary since my reviews are super subjective and I always put all my emotions to every post I make.
Advice to new bloggers:
I don’t know if I’m already qualified to advice new bloggers since I’m also a new blogger myself. I just started my blog not more than a year ago (that’s why I’m making a big deal of this nomination!!!!) and I haven’t been as active as most bloggers. But being nominated even if my blog is only a few months old is the reason why I’m going to give an advice to new bloggers out there.
Be yourself. Yes, I think that might be one of the worst advice you’ll hear, but I really mean it. As I previously said, I made this blog to become my diary. This blog existed just so I can tell someone how I feel about the books I read. Honestly, I never thought that anyone would actually read (and appreciate) my blog posts. I pour my heart out every time I make a review, I share personal experiences that most people I know don’t even know about me, and I am the true to myself every time I publish my posts. Apparently, some people appreciates honesty.
So my advice would be to be yourself.
Write, even if no one would ever read them (I have tons of unpublished reviews).
Write, even if no one appreciates them.
Write, even if everything you’ll say is the opposite of what most people thinks.
Lastly, write, especially when you feel like you are not good enough. As long as you do it for yourself, you will never not be good enough 🙂
- Trang from Bookidote
- Bri from girl with a book blog
- Angela from Books and Opinions
- Dani from Touch My Spine Book Reviews
- Milly Schmidt from Milly Schmidt
- Megan from The Cozied Reader
- Books & Love
- AEB Book Reviews
- Maria from contemplateandintimate
- Katie from @poetryhub
- Jude from Writer in the Woods
- Briennai from Bri’s Book Nook
- Jasmine from How Useful It Is
- Lance from lancewrites
- Shreya from Bookwormtopia